Our specialized approach to oncology care
To address the broad physical, financial and emotional impacts of cancer more completely, Biologics specializes in clinical advocacy, financial advocacy and oncology care alignment — ultimately improving outcomes and helping patients make sense of their treatment process.
The challenges are many, not the least of which is cost. In 2010, the U.S. spent more than $102.8 billion on cancer services, and that figure is expected to rise to $158 billion by 2020. Much of that spending is for anticancer drugs, which can cost $5,000 a month or more. Oncology care is also complex and fragmented:
- There are more than 300 cancer types and nearly 12 million patients in the U.S.
- On average, patients see more than 10 providers throughout the course of cancer treatment.
- More than 800 new therapeutics are currently being researched.
- New diagnostics and technologies continually come to market, including beneficial but highly nuanced companion diagnostics.
Working for nearly two decades in oncology care, we’ve built a team that includes:
- Highly skilled medical professionals, from MDs, PhDs and PharmDs to oncology-certified nurses, RNs and certified pharmacy technicians.
- A support staff that includes patient access specialists, logistics experts, certified coders, distribution managers and field-based oncology nurse liaisons.
- A peer review committee with members from the full range of oncology specialties and subspecialties.