Our specialized approach to care
To address the broad physical, financial and emotional impacts of complex diseases more completely, Biologics specializes in clinical advocacy, financial advocacy and oncology and neurology care alignment — ultimately improving outcomes and helping patients make sense of their treatment process.
Dedication to oncology
The challenges are many, not the least of which is cost. In 2010, the U.S. spent more than $102.8 billion on cancer services, and that figure is expected to rise to $158 billion by 2020. Much of that spending is for anticancer drugs, which can cost $5,000 a month or more. Oncology care is also complex and fragmented:
- There are more than 300 cancer types and nearly 12 million patients in the U.S.
- On average, patients see more than 10 providers throughout the course of cancer treatment.
- More than 800 new therapeutics are currently being researched.
- New diagnostics and technologies continually come to market, including beneficial but highly nuanced companion diagnostics.
Working for nearly two decades in oncology care, we’ve built a team that includes:
- Highly skilled medical professionals, from MDs, PhDs and PharmDs to oncology-certified nurses, RNs and certified pharmacy technicians.
- A support staff that includes patient access specialists, logistics experts, certified coders, distribution managers and field-based oncology nurse liaisons.
- A peer review committee with members from the full range of oncology specialties and subspecialties.
Expansion into neurology and other complex diseases
Building upon the success of our oncology pharmacy, the complexity of care for neurological conditions and diseases made it a natural next step to expand our service offering to providers.