The power of ECHO
As a member of the larger cancer community, the Biologics team is honored to participate in cancer-related events in our area. To strengthen our efforts, we’ve formed ECHO: Employees Caring and Helping Others. Through financial contributions and donations of time, ECHO allows us to care for patients and support the professionals who make their treatment possible.
What have we been doing? Here are a few of the events we participate in every year.
- LUNGe Forward 5K and 1-mile run/walk, which raises money for lung cancer research.
- Light the Night walk in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Be the Match donor drive, helping build the registry of the National Marrow Donor Program.
- Angels Among Us race to benefit the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University Medical Center.
We also support:
- American Red Cross
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- Passage Home, a nonprofit community development organization
- 1 in 9, a local breast cancer support network
- Cancer for College, which offers scholarships to cancer survivors