Promoting better care by improving patient access
In managing their complex condition, patients deserve every possible advantage. Our patient access services team works tirelessly to remove roadblocks to treatment. Our goal: ensuring patient access to critical care.
Our patient access services
- Benefit investigation. We determine if a patient’s insurance plan will cover recommended treatments and therapies, then enroll them in patient assistance programs as needed to help reduce gaps in care.
- Prior authorization management. We work with payors, providers and patients to review and approve treatment plans.
- Financial and copay assistance. Sometimes, through the course of benefit investigation, we find that a patient won’t be able to meet his or her copay requirements. In these cases, we pursue copay assistance — finding and helping patients apply for grants from charitable organizations and other sources. Through this work, we’re ensuring that patients can pay for their treatment and continue to maintain their standard of living.
- Clinical trial enrollment. When providers believe patients will benefit, we help patients enter clinical trials for promising new therapies.
- Strategic informatics and reporting. We analyze prescriber habits, payor mix and utilization trends, creating reports that show copay assistance by specialty tier and product types.